Brien A. de Gannes
Partner and Notary Public
- Telephone: 868.623.4283 Ext. 1137
- Fax: 868.623.4281; 868.625.2984; 868.627.4484
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice Areas
- Intellectual Property
- Attorney-at-Law, Trinidad and Tobago - 1976
- Areas of Concentration
- Trade Marks
- Industrial Designs
Brien has extensive experience in all aspects of intellectual property. He specialises in patent and trade mark infringement, passing-off and other intellectual property litigation. He has addressed seminars and workshops on Intellectual Property, and has delivered papers at various regional and national seminars and meetings hosted by WIPO.
He acts as a specialist advisor on the committees of the national and regional private sector organizations, and represents the private sector on a number of governmental and international committees. He was a member of the Trinidad and Tobago Government team which negotiated a bilateral intellectual property rights agreement with the U.S.A, and was advisor to the Government of Grenada at the regional meeting organized by the WIPO.
Brien is Chairman – Ad Hoc Committee to Review Intellectual Property Laws in Trinidad and Tobago, to ensure compliance with the TRIPS Agreement and other international treaties.
- Professional Memberships
- Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago
- INTA, ITMA, MARQUES
- Contributing author to Managing Intellectual Property publications and Trade Mark World